Procedure for admission to PhD programme
The candidate shall be admitted to Ph.D. programme either directly or through M.Phil programme in The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. The candidates who desire to get admission to these courses have to qualify Ph.D entrance test conducted by The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. The written test shall be followed by Personality test in the form of interaction with the Personality Test Committee constituted by the concerned department/ faculty/ Institute, as the case may be; provided that the candidate is qualified in the written test. At the time of Personal interview, the candidates are expected to discuss their research area.
If the number of qualifying candidates exceed the number of vacancy available in the Department / faculty / Institute, the concerned department will prepare the merit list based on the marks obtained by the candidate in Master’s degree.
Please visit our website “ www.gujaratset.ac.in/msupet ”.
- The PET examination will be conducted on Sunday, 9th March 2014. The time will be 12.00 noon to 02.00 pm.
- Examination fee paid will not be refunded.
- Qualifying the PET examination does not entitle a candidate to get admission in the department/ Faculty/ Institute concerned where he/ she intends to seek admission.
- The candidates are requested to check their eligibility, before applying the PET examination.
- Before applying for the PET examination, Candidates are also requested to verify, the vacancy and the experts for guidance/ supervision in the area of specialization in which he/ she wants to do the work with concern department/ Faculty/ Institute.
- Blind candidates can avail the help of writer. Please contact the Coordinator, PET Examination. Writer will be of Graduate level. The charges of writer to be borne by the candidate.
- The application is available only “Online”. Visit our website: www.gujaratset.ac.in/msupet
- The details of accepted applicants will be placed on our website. Any query including missing name, one can contact PET office, Vadodara within 2 days of announcing of the list.
- The hall ticket has to be downloaded from our website 2 days before examination.
- The candidates are requested to answer the questions only on the ICR answer sheet provided for this purpose.
- Use of programmable scientific calculator is not allowed.
- Any electronic equipments/ mobile phone etc are not allowed in the premises of the examination hall. If found, liable to expulse from the examination center.
- Any unfair means in relation to the PET Examination will be referred to Unfair Means Committee constituted for this purpose.
- No candidates are permitted to leave the examination centre before the expiry of the time allocated for the examination.
- There is negative marking at the rate of 25% for each wrong answer attempted in the examination.
- The result will be declared on our www.gujaratset.ac.in/msupet website. The Certificate will be issued after the verification of the Documents such as Date of Birth, Master Degree certificate and percentage of Marks or equivalent Grade, Subject, etc.
- At any time, if it is found that any false information has been provided by the candidate, His / Her Application will be treated as rejected.
- Any dispute or controversy of any kind arises before, during or after the PET examination the decision of Vice-Chancellor is final.
- Notwithstanding any information not mentioned in the PET examination, which shall be controlled by respective rules of Ph.D. ordinances/ Handbook of university/ Decisions of Senate / Syndicates shall prevail.