Procedure for admission to PhD programme
The candidate shall be admitted to Ph.D. programme either directly or through M.Phil programme in The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. The candidates who desire to get admission to these courses have to qualify Ph.D entrance test conducted by The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. The written test shall be followed by Personal interview in the form of interaction with the Personal interview Committee constituted by the concerned department/ faculty/ Institute, as the case may be; provided that the candidate is qualified in the written test. At the time of Personal interview, the candidates are expected to discuss their research area.
Based on vacancy available in the Department / faculty / Institute, the concerned department will prepare the merit list based on the aggregare marks obtained by the candidate in Written Test of 100 Marks and Personal Intervies of 25 Marks.
- The PET examination will be conducted on Sunday, 13 - 09 - 2015. The time will be 12.00 noon to 03.00 pm.
- Examination fee paid will not be refunded.
- Qualifying the PET examination does not entitle a candidate to get admission at Ph. D. in the department/ Faculty/ Institute concerned where he/ she intends to seek admission.
- The candidates are requested to check their eligibility, before applying the PET examination.
- Before applying for the PET examination, Candidates are also requested to verify, the vacancy and the experts for guidance/ supervision in the area of specialization in which he/ she wants to do the work with concern department/ Faculty/ Institute.
- Blind candidates can avail the help of writer. Please contact the Coordinator, PET Examination. Writer will be of Graduate level. The charges of writer is to be borne by the candidate.
- The application is available only “Online”. Visit our website: www.gujaratset.ac.in/msupet
- The details of accepted applicants for Ph. D Entrance Test (PET Examination) will be placed on our website. Any query including missing name, one can contact PET office, Vadodara contact PET office through E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 days of declaration of the list.
- The hall ticket has to be downloaded from our website 3 days before examination.
- The candidates are requested to answer the questions only on the ICR answer sheet provided for this purpose.
- Use of programmable scientific calculator is not allowed.
- Electronic equipment/ mobile phones etc are not allowed in the premises of the examination hall. If found, it is liable to expulsion from the examination center.
- Unfair means in relation to the PET Examination will be referred to Unfair Means Committee constituted for this purpose.
- No candidate is permitted to leave the examination centre before the expiry of the time allocated for the examination.
- There is no negative marking in the examination.
- The result will be declared on our www.gujaratset.ac.in/msupet website. The qualifying certificate will be issued after the verification of the documents such as Date of Birth, Master Degree certificate and percentage of Marks or equivalent Grade, Subject, etc.
- At any time, if it is found that any false information has been provided by the candidate, His / Her Application will be treated as rejected.
- In case of dispute or controversy of any kind arising before, during or after the PET examination the decision of Vice-Chancellor will be final.
- Notwithstanding any information not mentioned in the PET examination, it shall be controlled by respective rules of Ph.D. ordinances/ Handbook of university/ Decisions of Senate / Syndicates shall prevail.