| ::::: EXAMINATION STRUCTURE AND SCHEME:::::
- The Test will consist of three papers. All the three
papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 22nd September 2013(SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under:
Number of Question
|| 60 out of which 50 question to be attempted
||09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M.
|| 50 questions all are compulsory
to 12.15 P.M.
||75 questions all are
to 4.30 P.M
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research
aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test
reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general
awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of
two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be
required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate
attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions
attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the
subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions
from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2
- Syllabus of Test: All questions of Paper-II
and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including
all electives, without options). Syllabi for all Gujarat SET(GSET) subjects can be
downloaded from the Gujarat SET Website www.gujaratset.ac.in . Gujarat SET Agency will not send the syllabus to individual
- For Science Subjects i.e. Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences & Life Sciences, the syllabus is same as of the CSIR-NET. However, the examination Pattern will be same as of the UGC-NET, described above.
- All old examination ' s Questions Papers for Paper - I, Paper - II and Paper - III for all the subjects are available in our website.
- No Negative Marking.
- Candidates are required to appear in all three papers. A candidate who does not appear in Paper-I and II will not be permitted to appear in Paper-III.
- The questions in all three papers will appear both in Gujarati and English versions (except for languages and science subjects). In case of any discrepancy in Gujarati and English version of questions in Paper-I, II and III, the English Version should be taken as final.
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of
Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III on the ICR answer sheet
detailed instructions for filling up the ICR Answer Sheet will be uploaded on
GSET website www.gujaratset.ac.in . It may noted that instructions to candidates
will not be sent to the candidate by post.
- For Visually Handicapped
(VH)candidates, thirty (30) minutes’ extra time shall be provided
separately for paper-I and Paper-II. For paper-III, forty five (45)
minutes’ extra time shall be provided. They will also be provided the
services of a scribe who would be a graduate in a subject other than
that of the candidate. Those Physically
(PH) candidates who are not in a position to write in their
own hand-writing can also avail these services by making prior request
(at least one week before the date of Gujarat SET Examination) in writing to the Gujarat SET office, Vadodara. Extra time and facility of scribe
would not be provided to other Physically
PROCEDURE & CRITERIA FOR DECLARATION OF RESULT:
This will comprise of following steps:
- Step I: Minimum marks to be obtained in Gujarat SET (GSET) for considering a candidate for eligibility for lectureship:
The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks
separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III as given below:
|| Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained
|PAPER – I
||PAPER – II
||75 (50 %)
||67.5 (45 %) rounded off to 68
||60 (40 %)
- Step II: Amongst
those candidates who have cleared step I, a merit list will be
prepared subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of
all the three papers secured by such candidates.
- Step III: Top 15%
candidates (for each subject and category), from the merit list
mentioned under step II, will be declared Gujarat SET (GSET) qualified for
eligibility for lectureship.
- It may be noted that the
above qualifying criteria decided by GSET is final and binding.
- There is no provision of re - evaluations of papers.