::::: ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :::::
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed / are studying in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master’s degree.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (General) (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Sciences are eligible for GSET Examination. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for GSET Examination.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing in the final year / semster at the qualifying Master’s degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for GSET Examination. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for eligibility of Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree examination within two years from the date of declaration of result of GSET Examination with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the GSET Examination.
- Candidates are required to appear for GSET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semester’s course or in first four semesters of a six semester’s course of Master's Degree cannot appear for this GSET Examination.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master's degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificate / documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form to Gujarat State Eligibility Test office, Vadodara. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for GSET Examination. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by GSET / UGC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled, the award / certificate will be withdrawn and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / PH / VH / OBC (Cast Certificate along with latest Non - Creamy Layer certificate) category must possess Valid Category Certificate issued by competent authority of Gujarat state and certificates related to PH / VH. Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for GSET Examination. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by GSET / UGC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled, award / certificate will be withdrawn and they shall be liable for legal action.
- The candidates of other States, i.e. other than Gujarat State, belonging to reserved category shall be treated as General category candidates.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that Online Application Form and Examination Fee accepted and Hall Ticket issued to a candidate will not imply that GSET Agency has accepted his / her candidature. Their candidature will be deemed final only upon verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the claims made in their application, after the result of GSET Examination. In the event a candidate being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason (including unintentional computer error or printer’s devil etc.), he / she will be declared as not-qualified in GSET Examination and award / certificate will be withdrawn.
- GSET Agency will not issue any mark sheet to qualified / not-qualified candidates. The GSET Agency will issue certificate to the qualifying candidates only on verification of the Eligibility Documents immediately after the result of the GSET Examination.
- There is no upper age limit applying in GSET for eligibility of Assistant Professor.
- Exemption from GSET will be as per decisions taken by the UGC and Government of Gujarat from time to time.
- NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/Institutions. Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the “University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree), Regulation 2009, shall be exempt from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.”
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their SET.
Disclaimer: In case of any discrepancy in Gujarati version of this website, English version should be taken as final. વેબસાઇટના ગુજરાતી વર્ઝનમાં કોઈ વિસંગતતા જણાય તેવા સંજોગોમાં વેબસાઇટનું અંગ્રેજી વર્ઝન અંતિમ અને માન્ય રાખવામા આવશે.